free counters We welcome newcomers!

Remember: if you participate with us, please link to and mention us in your post.

Tuesday 13 December 2011

V is for VANCOUVER

Welcome to our V week and as presenter this week, I'd like to introduce you to my home "city" of Vancouver, British Columbia in Canada. You may all recall that we had the 2010 Winter Olympics here last February and it was a smashing success! Unfortunately, you may have heard about the embarrassing riot after the Stanley Cup (hockey) final game this past June where a bunch of loony-tunes torched police cars and other cars, smashed store windows, and generally went wild. This mid-adventure was so un-Canadian that 99% of us were horrified and rushed to make amends by cleaning up the streets and setting things right as rain again.

Anyhoo, Vancouver lies on the west coast of Canada and is the 3rd largest city in the country. You can read about the city here but in the meantime, here's a very short list of some famous people from Vancouver. How many do you know?

Michael Buble,Pamela Anderson, Michael J. Fox, Joshua Jackson,Evangeline Lilly, Leslie Nielson, Sandra Oh, Grace Park, Jason Priestley, Ryan Reynolds, David Suzuki, Eckhart Tolle, Margaret Trudeau, plus many many famous musicians, scientists, writers, etc.

See photos in the previous post!




33 comments:

  1. The riots have the Cup seemed SO unCanadian, even though it was a tough loss. Anyway, a VICTORIOUS entry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great piece of information, Leslie! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed Very interesting read

    Pheno

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every photo is a great depiction of the city. Lovely shots!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Canada is so beautiful!! LoVe to do whale watching! Must be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vancouver is a very vital city. I will never forget my one visit to it and Victoria. Would love to live in your city!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photos are just lovely and the info is great also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just in Vancouver for the fist time this summer and LOVED it!!! AHHH How beautiful...and the park... everything. Great "V" post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Won't it be nice to have a getaway in that beautiful place? Must be paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great selection highlighting the city

    ReplyDelete
  11. How come there is no linky yet? Or I am just missing to see it hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the link is being hidden by the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cannot find the link... Berowne did so it must be working... Help?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I also can not find the link, it is hidden by the picture

    ReplyDelete
  15. the link is in the middle so one of the pictures is hiding it...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm trying to fix it...the code of the pics are interfering...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just put the code at the very end of the post. Click edit html and then enter the code at the bottom. Hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You do have a very beautiful city. Great shots in the first introduction.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Chubskulit - I DID put the code at the end. It kept showing up above where I wanted it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am not sure what is wrong, maybe the pictures have some extra codes attached to it that is why it is messing up the linky. Thanks for making the linky visible anyway, you rock Roger.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Vancouver! My home town! (Or at least one of the main ones.)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello.
    Thanks for the lovely introduction, Leslie.
    I've only made it as far as Niagara Falls. Vancouver looks like a great place to visit.
    Awesome photos!

    Have a wonderful week ahead everyone!

    For ref:
    Violins Of Love

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another place on my wish list to visit - you sell it well - how could anyone not want to visit! - thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  24. Vancouver sounds like a really vibrant city Leslie. Shame about the riots but like everywhere there is always a minority intent on causing havoc. - unfortunately they are the ones who grab the headlines :(

    ReplyDelete
  25. I almost went to Vancouver by Rail from Windsor, then I changed my mind and flew to San Francisco. My loss.

    Look at at the mast in you yachts. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great Vancouver post. I love Vancouver and it wasmy last V post. This is my Vancouver post.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have been there and it was fabulous! I did not know all of those people came from there though.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Merci bien, Madame Nesbitt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Quite an impressive list with some gorgeous photos too!

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you for sharing those gorgeous pictures of the most amazing city in the world with everyone! I know you've mentioned Joshua Jackson, but as for the famous Vancouver people, I'd love to add just a few well-known actors.

    ReplyDelete