free counters We welcome newcomers!

Remember: if you participate with us, please link to and mention us in your post.

Tuesday 14 February 2012

E is for Easy

Well, it's time for me, Roger, to do one of these intros. Instead of EXTRUDING an EXCESS of E words, I thought I'd take it EASY and respond to the same survey Berowne answered, which Mrs. Nesbitt, aided by yours truly, put together. Won't be as funny as Berowne's, though. I'm only a laugh riot in person...

What is your most favorite sound?

It's the sound of running water, from hanging around a babbling brook to a mighty waterfall. I'm even sated by listening to the shower in the morning. I think it may be a Pisces thing.

What is your least favorite sound?

The sound of a dentist's drill. In my mouth.

If someone were to play you in the movie of your life, which actor would that be?

Academy Award winner for his performance as Ugandan dictator Idi Amin in the 2006 film The Last King of Scotland Forest Whitaker, who has the exact same birthday as a loved one of mine.

What food would you most like to have if nutrition and calories were not an issue?

Oh, there are so many; how about one of these burgers?

What utterly impractical or useless skill do you possess that most people do not?

The ability to make the sound of a kazoo, without a kazoo.

What top 3 people (dead or alive) would you invite to dinner?

I thought about this for awhile and decided on Benjamin Franklin, Mohandas K. Gandhi and Grace Kelly. "Hey, Ben, you know that electricity you noted? They've harnessed it so that there are now moving pictures, and Grace is in some of them." Franklin would likely want to get randy, but struck by Gandhi's essence, he demurs.


What would the main course be?

Some sort of vegetarian lasagna, with eggplant and spinach.

What piece of music do you most identify with?

It would be the song you can hear HERE.

"It's not that easy being green
Having to spend each day the color of the leaves
When I think it could be nicer being red, or yellow or gold
Or something much more colorful like that"

***
Now I EXPECT that you will EXCITE and ENTERTAIN us all with your ESSAYS.



25 comments:

  1. I am loving the responses to these questions Rog - a great insight into the minds of those we know through blogging! I think I love the idea of the person playing you in a movie - can't see he would go down too well in a library however! lol!
    A great intro as ever - thanks for this - always makes my day!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your interview was very entertaining. Forest Whitaker is a great choice. He's certainly a very diverse actor. I never thought about it before but I think the sound of water is one of my favorite sounds too. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just LOVED this! I love your song, your conversation, and I also LOVE the sound of falling water (I do my best thinking in the shower....) and I am NOT a Pisces. Thanks for sharing and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will settle for "A Big Mac" my favorite burger. I allow myself one a month. But, the burger in your pictures look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vegetarian lasagna would be great! I put spinach the last time I made and it was delish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really Entertaining-I think I would settle for a vegetarian lasagne with spinach also and I love to hear the waves rushing in on a seashore - thanks for sharing - Jane UK

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful answers to the survey, Roger! I feel like I know a little more about you now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are even funnier than Berowne!! And I think Kermit's song is very appropriate! It's not easy to be Green, but....it's beautiful!

      Delete
  8. Entertaining answers! I haven't come across "extruding" in awhile. I like the same sound. Had the pleasure of sleeping in a pretty little cottage with a wee waterfall nearby. Ah Kermit, there you are!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Roger Green, you are too funny. I'll bet it's not only easy being Roger Green, it's also a great deal of fun.
    Now, back to my Essay for the day. Rightbackatcha,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always opt for a veggie lasagne, but without the spinach. E for entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to be back!
    Enjoyable and engaging.

    Regards.

    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Roger.
    What an enlightening intro. Thanks for egging us on.
    Today, I shall ensnare the lovers among us with an excerpt of Endless Love And Devotion

    ReplyDelete
  13. An elucidating and erudite entry, to be sure! My weird talent is crossing my EYES...the (I think) unusual part being that I can with one eye while keeping the other one crossed...

    ReplyDelete
  14. excellent, entertaining and an easy read.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Roger, great to get to you a little better, but did you really have to bring up my one nightmare, the sound of the dentist's drill?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun to join in your ABC Wednesday meme fun! Kind regards from Eagan Daily Photo in Minnesota

    ReplyDelete
  17. Excellent Intro Roger. Making a Kazoo sound without a Kazoo. We share the same talent. :)
    Thanks for the morning LOL....

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd take one of those burgers too. I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have to agree with that dreaded dentist drill!

    Enjoyed your intro, Roger.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My house is by the main road, and a bus stop is right in front. In my city, buses run on schedule. if they are ahead, they stop at the bus stop. My least favorite sound is the running giant Mercedes bus. Why they don't kill the engine, I don't undersatnd.

    My friends say it is EASY to comprehend. To kill is and start again cost more money.

    I say, It is EASY just to let the engine run. lazy bugger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your article posting this is really nice article and very informative blog i really like your article thanks for sharing it.....



      toronto limousine services

      Delete