free counters We welcome newcomers!

Remember: if you participate with us, please link to and mention us in your post.

Tuesday 26 June 2012

X is for...

X marks the spot, and when I was a kid, we would often play "Treasure Map", where we had to find the spot marked by the X and bring back the flag.

The first one to bring it back won a prize.

Of course we also played "Steal the Flag", and Flag Football.

In all those games, the flag represented a prize or a goal.  As I grew, I learned the meaning of my nation's flag, and it came to represent so much more to me than just a prize.

It stood for an idea, an ideal, a nation.  It was the flag that my forefathers had fought for and fought under, the symbol of the principles which they held true.

So when I set out to design the logo for the next round, a flag was an obvious theme.  But since our blog represents so many people from so many different places, it was hard to choose just one flag, so I squeezed in as many as I could fit.

So, it is with great pride that I unveil the logo for ABC Wednesday Round 11.




You can copy it from here, or within a few days, if I know Roger, it will be available in different sizes on the blog under "Badges"

And as a side note, if I did something wrong when I uploaded it, you will see a box with a red X in it.

After all, ...
X marks the spot.

What spot does X mark in your life today?

Let us know in your ABC Wednesday post, and link it below.




16 comments:

  1. An old Xmas story from me, because after all, it's only six months away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post for X and I love the new badge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Troy - love the new logo - and I agree a great post for the letter X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the beautiful logo! So we are all united all over the world! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hard to believe we are coming up on round 11!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello.
    WoW! The new logo is AWESOME! Nice job Troy!
    This week, X for me represents Xylophone Of Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To Lisa at #64,
      I have not been able to comment on your blog. I had the same problem the last two weeks too. Sorry! :-(

      Delete
    2. Andy-
      This has been my experience: I comment on Lisa's site, the site continues to say it's "posting the comment," but never seems to complete. After about 30 seconds, I close the window, go to the site and see that my comment indeed is there.
      It DOES work, but it is quirky.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the response Roger.
      I feel bad, because I've tried so many times. I wait like you say and eventually close out the page, but when I go back to check, the comment is not there.
      I just didn't want Lisa to think I have been ignoring her. I'll try again and wait a bit longer.

      Delete
  7. X is the most challenging and I am amazed how many seem to have risen to it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice logo of countries from A to Z.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love this new logo and will copy it to my blog if I can figure out how to do that. And, "X marks the spot" was a great idea for an interesting post that also brought back some of my own childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anyone wanting me to e-mail the code for Troy's logo to him or her should e-mail me at rogerogreen(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the new badge - all those flags for all of us - just perfect! Great job!

    ReplyDelete