free counters We welcome newcomers!

Remember: if you participate with us, please link to and mention us in your post.

Monday 30 May 2016

ABC-Wednesday-18-U

ABC-Wednesday


by Mrs. Nesbitt




Ronde-Round 18

U



Hello and good morning, -afternoon, -evening, dear people who all participate is this wonderful photomeme, which is a joy to me, week after week, after week. I’m always curious to what you come up with!

The challenging letter of this week is the and I've chosen the word:  UFO 

Somewhere in my childhood.... about my 8th year or so, my father bought a new television, from that day on, much if not everything (i don't remember, to be honest) one could watch what was on, in colour, wow what a wonder... a large box on a tv-cabinet which showed us wonderful things.

I was not often allowed to watch but my father was a fan of Star Trek, a became that too. (yes i do have a lot inherited from him, not my appearances but in character so much more, but that is not the point here).

Lately the 'old' series have been repeated.
So many years later, approx. 45 years, many things of what they were able in those series, which at that point were beyond anything thought possible, are now 'common'... think of the mobile phones, the internet, travelling to the moon etc.

If asked... 'do you believe in ufo's?' My answer is "yes certainly".
The universe is unmeasurable, so why should we think that we are all alone in it? Our planet, a very small one compared to lots of others... why shouldn't there be a lifeform as well?

I still like scifi-series, not all of them ofcourse, but besides Star Trek (in all its forms), X-files is a very great favorite.
If it is called scifi justly, i don't really know but i also like The Librarians, Warehouse 13, Sanctuary, Haven, Stargate, Dr. Who, and lots more.

Maybe also due to my unmeasurable curiosity i often wish to be able to take a look in those parts of the uiverse.
What about you?
What do you think about other lifeforms in our universe?
Would you like to meet it?
Would you accompany me on a travel in a UFO?



Have a nice ABC-Wednesday-day / - week
♫ M e l o d y ♫ (ABC-W-team)




21 comments:

  1. I have never been a Trekkie or Star Wars fan, but I think it could be possible that there are other civilizations out there. Interesting take on UFOs, Melody.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leslie.... although a fan, I've never called or saw even, myself as a Trekkie ;-)
      Nice to read, we agree on 'something beeing outthere'.

      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Growing up, I was quite a regular watcher of the old series Star Trek. 'Beam me up, Scotty' still remains one of my favourite humourous expressions in moments of frustration :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That I recognize, me too, just yesterday I spoke that same line to a friend ;-)

      Delete
  3. I also liked Star Trek and was a regular watcher too. I like science fiction and read several books by John Wyndham and Aldous Huxley.but " ufos"? Well I don't know, why do normal people not see them? I do believe however that there are more planets in other solar systems, which are inhabited with creatures, very different from us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to read Wil.

      Indeed, you are right, I have never seen one too.. and all those so called 'proof' on tv by images etc, well one can always ask himself in how far they are pure and real.

      That there are, and different, that I believe too

      Delete
  4. I am not a Trekkie but I believe that planetary systems influence and shape our lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi indira, me neither ;-)
      In that we agree

      Delete
  5. Fun post for U and great photo used too!

    Happy Week to you ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.... the photo was found on the net, I did nog make it myself ;-) Although i would have like to

      thank you, wishing you the same

      Delete
  6. I consider you one of my dear blogging friends, but now I know that if we ever got to meet in person, we'd have lots of TV trivia to discuss. I remember watching Star Treck as a child with my family as well, and I've been a fan of almost every single one of those TV series that you've mentioned. (I now watch them with my wife, who's also a fan.) Anyway, the Star Treck technology that I'm still waiting for is the transporter. I hope to some day be able to say, "Beam me up, Scottie." Have a blessed week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Arnoldo for your lovely comment and (obviously ;-) ) I totally agree....
      I often wish that I could say the same, and at my wish, getting transported within seconds to another place to meet people I would like to meet in person.

      We have more in common, I've noticed already since I've been visiting your blog and I like it!

      Delete
  7. We watched Star Trek with my family also, Melody, and enjoyed the great stories and futuristic sets. You've brought back happy memories!
    My "U" is for UDAIPUR in India.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah Nick, nice to read that!

      I saw it, visited you already... a place i've never been to jet but maybe someday, who knows

      Delete
  8. I'm a Trekkie too! :-)
    "U" stands for UNIVERSITY of Melbourne, my alma mater...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;-) welcome !

      I saw it... i can't relate to that because i never went to one

      Delete
  9. Yes to all of the above! We would be foolish to think humans are the only beings in the vast universe and beyond. I too love Star Trek (and Star Wars, it is okay to love both) in all their forms. Reading the books written from the basis of either of these properties is a great way to fill in between movies or series.
    I still love to watch rockets launch and now to see SpaceX land the return rocket to use again and again on a little rocking platform in the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. indeed Uberrhund... there is no need to love the one and hate the other ;-)

      Its an intriging world, of which we still know far to little, i was, am and will always be i guess, curious to know more about it

      Delete
  10. I love the idea of traveling in space and living (temporarily) on other planets. Watching Star Trek and reading science fiction stories certainly started me thinking that way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice to see Nora... you know what i meant in my post.

    I saw it indeed many did, but thats fine by me

    ReplyDelete
  12. me to Su-Sieee, I was, am, and will always be, I guess, curious to know more about those other lifevorms, they are very intriging

    ReplyDelete