free counters We welcome newcomers!

Remember: if you participate with us, please link to and mention us in your post.

Monday 19 September 2016

K is for kitty cats

We have two kitty cats at home, Midnight and Stormy.

Although they didn't get along in the beginning AT ALL, they developed a grudging affection for each other. Midnight is usually the one who comes into our room at 5:30 a.m. and head butts me while I'm trying to get a little more sleep. I walk out of the room, and he leaps of the bed, halfway down the steps. I close the door and snooze for another 30 minutes, until his - pardon the expression - caterwauling finally gets me up .

Midnight is the one who will come into the office and want to sit on my lap. But I can't type if he's on my lap, or on the keyboard, which he's mucked up more than once.

Stormy is more my wife's and my daughter's cat. She'll give me affection if she things it'll get her fed, but usually not. She WILL sit by me on the sofa, though, watching TV. Don't ask me what she likes to watch; I wasn't paying close enough attention.

My wife said the vet commented that both of them need to lose some weight, and thanks to the regimen my wife's put them on, they've both lost over a pound, about half a kilogram. But because they're still a little hungry, they come up to me and say, "Nobody has fed us!" They are SUCH liars!






16 comments:

  1. I am a bit early, which is ironic, because I am having trouble with insomnia, so... lol See you tomorrow! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Great intro for the letter K. No kitty cats here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read this with a big smile.... We have still one cat, left over from 6 in earlier days... but like our dogs, she begs lots of the time by my husband because they all know he can't resist that...
    They never beg to me because they know all to well that that does not work... overweight, oops... I take good care of all our pets to prevent that.

    Lovely post Roger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We used to have cats, and according to my eldest granddaughter I am a real cat person. Unfortunately I can't have any cats because of the fact that they run the risk of being run over by cars, which actually happened to two of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only thing worse than having a cat, Roger, is not having a cat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I guess I'm a bit different in that I'm more of a dog person. I just don't "get" cats, I guess, and the only one I've ever had was a lemon...always hissing and growling and miserable. But dogs! I know they're a lot more work but I seem to "get" them and the bigger the better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cats just crack me up! They can be so aloof one minute and all loving the next. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked the names of your kitties, Roger:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are not liars, they are very clever !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Klever kats kreate kaos :-)
    My "K" is for KAVALA, a pretty town in Greece.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kool Kats ;-)
    Another "K" for KIAMA, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  12. What would we do without our kitty cats? Probably plenty, but we're not going to tell them that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, first time joining this linky party, thank you for hosting it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. http://letthecagedbirdssing.blogspot.com/2016/09/saturday-prompts-short-story-slam-week.html

    wonderful

    ReplyDelete