free counters We welcome newcomers!

Remember: if you participate with us, please link to and mention us in your post.

Tuesday 10 April 2012

M is for Me me me!

M is for meme - MY MEME! 5 years ago I had the idea of ABC Wednesday and here we are today still enjoying the MAGIC and MYSTERY of such a MEME! I must admit, were it not for the team who help me with such a MAMMOTH MISSION I fear this meme would have not survived - but thanks to a determined, dedicated team and a group of talanted bloggers (reading this introduction right now) ABC Wednesday lives on!

 
Posted by Picasa

And here are my questions and answers.....enjoy!



- What utterly impractical or useless skill do you possess that most people do not?



I can only whistle when I breathe in….so a decent tune would leave me without breath, possibly dead! I won’t experiment!

- If someone were to play you in the movie of your life, which actor would that be? At least 6 actors, as baby, toddler, little girl, teenager, woman and grandma!


A baby – would have to be Miss Pears, a toddler – any actor from any one of the many advertisements showing a perfectly behaved toddler! A little girl – a young Queen Elizabeth II I would think. A woman – Princess Diana. Grandma? Mary Pippins!

- What piece of music do you most identify with? Perhaps, it's your theme song.

"Life is a Cabaret"

- What food would you most like to have if nutrition and calories were not an issue?

 As we are near to the best fish and chip shops in the world (Whitby) it would have to be fish and chips, mushy peas, and bread and butter – lots!

- What is your most favourite sound

: the rustling of bank notes – the more the better (thanks for this Gattina) the sound of a bottle of champagne cracking open!

- And least favourite sound? The morning alarm. This in itself doesn’t bother me but I KNOW the 7 o’clock news bulletin will follow immediately and hubby will start the day with a running commentary of what is wrong with the world and what should be done about it. Needless to say we miss the news as the first headline usually gets him going and his outburst will last the entire duration of the programme…..

- Top 3 people (dead or alive) would you invite to dinner? What would the main course be?

3 people to invite for dinner – now that’s a difficult one. A chef – Hugh Fernley-Whitingstall is one of our favourites, so it would be great for him to do the cooking. The late Tommy Cooper would be great for entertainment To clear away and wash -up my adoreable nephews! Such choices would ensure a good evening. My close friends and family would be the guests and main course would be a good Roast dinner – with lots of veg!


29 comments:

  1. A big thank you Denise...for all the work that has gone into the success of this meme.
    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane - my pleasure! Lovely people like yourself make it the success it has become. Thank YOU my dear. xxxx

      Delete
  2. Great photo and huge thanks for starting this meme - which to me is more like a community at this point. I love coming here every week, not just to post but to explore. Thank you.

    Also, great leather threads...the new biking leathers?

    Have a great week and much thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Meryl - these are my current leathers - rather baggy now! Watch this space, about 7 weeks to my new ones.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful couple you guys are! Thanks for the opportunity to be a part of this great MEME. Thanks to YOU for creating a beautiful online community!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleasure is all mine Chubskuli - THANK YOU!
      Dense x

      Delete
  4. Great interview and I love the shot of you and your husband. Thank you so much for starting and maintaining this fun meme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carver - THANK YOU for being part of the ABC Team xxxx

      Delete
  5. Thankyou Denise for our ABC Wednesday - great blogging fun - and a great blogging community - love the pic - Jane UK X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had fish and chips during a tour stop near Whitby. With you on lots of veg to go with a good roast dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this fun ABC Wednesday! having problems adding my link today...do not know what I am doing wrong...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry it wouldn't work, would you kindly delete my attempts and leave the 4th one? thanks so much!

      Delete
  8. Loved learning more about you, Denise! And, you know I love this meme too-I think I've been on board for 4 years. Don't you just love the blank looks people give you when you try to describe to them what a meme is, let alone ABC Weds?
    Truly a Marvelous Meme, it is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm doing my first ABC WEdnesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that this meme will last another 5 years!

      Delete
  10. My husband does that, too! I haven't heard a complete news broadcast in years!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marvellous Meme!! Kudos for creating it and keeping it alive all these years! Longevity is a bit of a rarity in blogland, so this is quite a Monumental accomplishment! Wonderful photo, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful introduction Denise. Thanks so much to you and your ABC Wednesday Team and to such a wonderful group of participants. I learn something new and interesting each week and I also get to see a lot of creative posts and beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is one of the best meme, and bets group of people in it. I have been trying to whistle. Never experimented before.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good to "meet" the woman who had the brilliant idea for this fun meme—thanks, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  15. With this meme you had the idea of your life (for us) I try to whistle breathing in (caugh, caugh) !

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great meme and I'm back again after missing it for a while and I did miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is my first time here! Love this meme!

    ReplyDelete
  18. thank you so much for doing such a marvelous job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The idea of that roast sounds really good - must be getting close to dinner time!

    Glad you invited me all those years ago to join this meme, Denise - it's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a fun meme, I have learned so much about so many topics. Thank you for coming by my blog today.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for hosting an awesome meme. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This Meme seems to be growing! I am going to have to link in earlier! Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Finally home, so I can comment on your intro. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete