free counters We welcome newcomers!

Remember: if you participate with us, please link to and mention us in your post.

Monday 3 December 2012

Unidentified Flying Letters



UNBELIEVABLY we have reached the letter U in our adventure through the alphabet, our ULTIMATE destination UNDERWAY with UNBOUNDED and UNFETTERED enthusiasm.  This is the UMPTEENTH round so what will you UNEARTH this week?  Will it be the UNEXPECTED, or stories UNFOLDING, UNFORGETTABLE memories, and UNIQUE perspectives.  Put those UNIDENTIFIED flying letters into a word, or maybe more,  starting with the letter U.

What about UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECTS or UFOs?  There were mysterious flying airships sighted in the 1880s but it took until the 1950s before the flying saucers were reported and when the term UFOLOGY was coined.  The UK National Archives have helpfully released this chart from 1969 of data collected in 1967 and 68 so you can spot your local UFO as it flies past the window:-



In the meantime link up your post and UNFASTEN your seatbelt and relax into ABC Wednesday


16 comments:

  1. It's been a LOOOOng time since I've heard of any UF0 sightings. Guess Ill have to go get my camera and find out for myself. I think that I prefer the saucer time like ET's home. Do you think I'll find one? UNLIKELY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should read "prefer the saucer kind..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great introduction to U this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet introduction!!! Have a great week and thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is unbelievable that we have now come to "U"! Nearly the end of the alphabet and getting geared up for Round 12! What a fun journey this is with each round!
    Thanks to all at the ABC team for making this possible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to be a bit UNearly coming on, but had to Unload the hubby for a procedure at the hospital...all fine...and now I'm ready to UNdertake my duties to UNcover all your great posts this week!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ordinary Words....I just love the word Umpteenth♥ Glad you used it♫♪

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cant believe it is U already! I like playing this unique meme :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. UFOs undulating universally? Unlikely...

    ReplyDelete
  10. super dooper intro to our letter for this week! I'm looking forward to round 12 so that I can be part of ABC Wednesday from the alphabet's beginning.
    I loved the old series "X Files"; thanks for nudging that memory forward.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi - whoever posted "Unbelievable good on a cold day ... or any day" (was #74) I had to delete because the link just went to an Australian version of this page. Please repost, whoever you are.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I lived in Exeter, NH for years and back in the 70's there were famous sightings of UFS's. There is a UFO festival held there every year in honor of those times. I never saw any aliens that I knew of.

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Unfettered enthusiasm" is a concept you model so well. Thank you for that uncommonly brilliant mix of "U" words :)

    ReplyDelete