free counters We welcome newcomers!

Remember: if you participate with us, please link to and mention us in your post.

Tuesday 5 March 2013

H is How I say Hello

Hello, Friends - Today's letter is H. From the Formal "How do You Do?" to the informal "Howdy," the casual "Hello" to the even more casual "Hi," we greet people with H on a regular basis in English. But it isn't just English. Many languages greet people with an H. So, whether you say Hello or Hola, Hallo or Hei, Halla, Halo, Hej, Hujambo, or just plain Howdy, it's good to see you here today. Good to have a chance to say Hi. How do you say Hello?



16 comments:

  1. I say "hoi" or "hi", when I am in English speaking country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I see the eye doctor, I say "Eye, Doctor!" The response is always "Eye!" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm HONORED! HAVE a great week and thanks for HOSTING.

    ReplyDelete
  4. jag längtar efter sommaren och har därför valt denna bild. En varm och skön midsommar 2012 då mina "hjärtan" firade sommaren hos mig. En hästskjuts ute på landet fick bli mitt val. Ha en bra fortsatt vecka :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. In Israel the proper way is to say Shalom, but lately "hi" is making inroads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great intro, Troy! My "hello" depends on the person to whom I'm speaking. But a great big HOWDY to you today. Have a great one!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great intro and party :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, very funny, I like, hello, I'm fine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! It's first time for me to upload my thumb nail photo. Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even though my Spanish is limited, Hola is my choice.

    Hola, my friends and Happy Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Annyeonghaseo is what they say to greet others in Seoul :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Hi Hi! He He He! Ho Ho Ho!
    Thanks for sharing;o)

    ***
    Hope you are Having a Hilarious and Happy week****

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing isn't it? You're right, didn't realize it until now. H is a friendly word. Like what I realized during the E round, lots of E words - Exit, Entrance, Elevator, Emergency Exit are all E words used in Establishments. :)

    ReplyDelete