free counters We welcome newcomers!

Remember: if you participate with us, please link to and mention us in your post.

Tuesday 18 March 2014

JUST for one week...


 
Just for one week only ABC Wednesday is proud to introduce a very special contributor - Big Bird from Sesame Street and here is his(?) very own J poem.

Today I wrote a poem
And I put it in my book
It's about a certain letter
That's shaped sort of like a hook
It's a very special letter
And I like it quite a lot
The big one has a line on top
The small one has a dot
It comes at the beginning of a word like jellybeans
Or John, or Jane, or Jenny
Or a brand-new pair of jeans
You'll find it in the alphabet
Between the I and K
And if you haven't guessed by now
Well, it's the letter J
***



18 comments:

  1. You are a talented woman! The poem is JUST grand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww... that's the sweetest ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Fun intro for the letter J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo! I had fun with the rhymes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the poem and the guest contributor. Just a jolly jingle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big bird is cute and so is the poem!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My girls loved Big Bird, as well as Abelardo, his Mexican parrot cousin. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! The big bird is very popular in our country. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just great!
    Thank you for hosting!
    http://amitaag.blogspot.in/2014/03/jesus.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for hosting. I was looking for my Jabberwock photo, but couldn't get my hands on it...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thumbs up Big Bird, got it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amit ji something sweeter than Rossogollas of Bengal

    ReplyDelete