free counters We welcome newcomers!

Remember: if you participate with us, please link to and mention us in your post.

Tuesday 17 January 2017

B is for BELIEVE

Greetings one and all to the final B of the current ABC Wednesday!  When considering what to write as an introduction this week, it suddenly came upon me to write about the word BELIEVE.  The word itself means to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so.

Lately, most of us have been feeling either sadness or antipathy with regard to the continuation of ABC Wednesday. If Roger and I retire from administering it, will it die?  Will anyone step up to the plate to be a new leader? 

Well, I'm so happy to announce that we do have a new administrator -  a very excited and dedicated Melody - who will begin in Round 21.  She has two new members who will be her assistants, although I will remain on the team to write a few introductions if they so wish.

Of course, we hope that everyone will continue to participate because this meme is probably one of the longest running (if not, THE longest running) meme on the web right now.  I know from my personal experience that I have met several bloggers through ABCW and believe that these people have become true new friends.  It has been an amazing ride helping Roger with the weekly visits, doing introductions, my own blog, and, at times, editing the Linky. 

It's time for a change, hopefully a change for the better!  Not that ABCW has become stale, but with new people at the helm, new ideas will blossom

So join me in welcoming Melody as the new administrator of ABC Wednesday, which you can preview here, if you like.  Also, welcome to the two new assistants Vonnie  and Daphne. We trust that they will love steering us into the future as much as Roger and the current team have enjoyed it thus far.  I believed in the existence of ABCW and that it would continue  if others wanted it.  Now we have the  absolute proof that continuing it is the right thing to do.


***





13 comments:

  1. Well, Leslie, I believe in YOU>. You've been a great assistant admin! Just letting me vent sometimes was therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Leslie, how sweet, thank you!!!

    Like you I also believed in continuance, still do ;-)

    Thank you so much for staying on the team, *big hug to you* ... I will add you to the new "team-introduction-page".

    ReplyDelete
  3. For all of you on the team "Thank You!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I have not been a very regular participant but I am still a supporter of all the team have done for this great meme so am delighted to hear it will continue. Hurrah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great news! Brilliant, Melody!
    My "B" stands for BOATS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!
    Meet Verne, the BROWN BEAR of BERN at my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://letthecagedbirdssing.blogspot.com/2017/01/short-story-slam-week-60-61-abc.html

    amazing one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you very much for welcoming me at the team Lesie. And the same as everyone else i do Believe :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I fell off the ABC wagon, Leslie, but I never forgot about you. Your Beautiful honesty and creativity has stayed in my thoughts over the years, and so often, I thought we might get together for a little photo-shoot or a cuppa' something. Bill and I would love to introduce you to The Buzz - our favourite café, should you ever find yourself in the Yaletown area. All the Best to you and many thanks for your hard work at ABC Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete