free counters We welcome newcomers!

Remember: if you participate with us, please link to and mention us in your post.

Monday 29 September 2014

Liverpool Uk..... Love of Life.....

 Liverpool my home town is a most interesting City , it sits on the  edge of the River Mersey and is steeped in maritime history. Across the river is the Wirral Peninsular where many of the professionals, who worked in the thriving city lived, it was affectionately known as the dormitory to Liverpool as the wealthy earned their fortunes in the City and took the Mersey ferries home to The Wirral to sleep. 

 

One of famous Mersey Ferry Boats chugging across the river conveying the weary workers to their homes after a hard day keeping the wheels of commerce in progress. The three buildings behind the ferry boat are called The Three Graces, on the left is The Liver Building then The Cunard Building and finally The port of Liverpool Building. Just to the right is The Liverpool Anglican Cathedral, which is set slightly back from the waterfront.

I had the privilege of working for a firm of Investment Managers and Stock Brokers in The Port of Liverpool Building. It was a joy to work there as my desk looked directly across the river so life was never dull watching the comings and goings on the river. There were wonderful sunsets across the river too, which reflected a visage of The Welsh Hills just beyond The Wirral. 


Images of the beautiful interior of the building, starting from top right looking up from the four galleried floors to the spectacular domed ceiling, then middle left the winding stairway up to the 4th floor where I worked...I used to almost sprint up the stairs as part of a keep fit campaign ! I was about 35 years of age then.  To the right is part of the beautifully crafted ground floor.

 Happy days for me then I had met Ian, soon to be my second husband and wonderful step daddy to our three girls.

It's little wonder I could sprint up those stairs!

As it happened I had been living on The Wirral for twenty years but decided to sell my home and move back to my roots in LIVERPOOL when we married.

We have never looked back... The three girls all did very well in their new schools, LIVERPOOL has some of the finest state schools in the country.

They are all happily married, two of them to LIVERPOOL boys and one to a Lovely guy from London....

Up to date we have four Loving grandchildren, so all I can say is


LIVERPOOL I  LOVE YOU !

 

I am dedicating my LIVERPOOOL post to dear Lorne and Leslie to just let them know how we all are thinking about them.

 I know Leslie has a special place in her heart for LIVERPOOL after her visit two years ago. It was such a joy to meet her , I felt as if I'd known her a lifetime.

   

 My sincere thanks to the lovely Denise for devising ABCWENESDAY and also to the legendary Roger for his hard work as the Administrator.

 

 


***


28 comments:

  1. Any city that can produce the Beatles is tops with me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Liverpool! Love to Leslie and Lorne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Wils, Liverpool is not only a lovely City but it is oozing with lovely, friendly humorous people.

      Di.x
      abcw team

      Delete
  3. Lovely post and dedication... and I agree... Love to Leslie and Lorne.

    Also, sorry for the two posts - one was for "L" but I just wanted to wish everyone a very happy Jewish New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely !!. LIKE IT !! OK this might be a repeat since my earlier comment disappeared

    PhenoMenon
    http://throodalookingglass.com/2014/09/life-in-a-drop-of-water/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Beatles run of places is always a must. A city I love to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jjane,
      You can drop over to Liverpool whenever you wish being so short a flight or boat trip. I'd love to see some of you photography of the city ? As I mentioned earlier I am trying to link in any relevant to the city as it is just an interesting place, so much talent in many walks of life,
      Di.x

      Delete
  6. Thanks one and all for your kind comments. I covered The Beatles in my B for Beatles and Banking earlier on in round 15 of abcw ! If you are Beatles fans you may enjoy reading it,
    Best wishes,
    Di, abcw team.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was in the city of Liverpool in the early 70's and enjoyed my time there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi HW, glad you had the opportunity to visit Liverpool in the early 70's, it is a much changed city now, partly due to the rejuvenation of the derelict docklands.
      The most interesting site is The Albert Dock which is real tourist magnet full of lovely restaurants art galleries including The Tate Modern, shops etc, There is also a marina. Well worth a google if you're interested.
      Di,x

      Delete
  8. Liverpool certainly looks like a lovely place to live, love and share some laughter. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lots of love and laughter in Liverpool we are renown for our warmth and sense of humour,

      Di xr

      Delete
  9. Sounds like a lovely place....great intro for L♪ http://lauriekazmierczak.com/lightburst-and-spikes/

    ReplyDelete
  10. The inside of the cathedral is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been in Liverpool last year during a round trip trough the UK. Besides the buildings and the harbour the city was was full of the Beatles of course ! Statues, signs, roundtrips etc !

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never been to Liverpool but it looks worth a visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a wonderful marina FP, maybe you could sail up the west coast of GB to Liverpool...Now that could be one amazing but time consuming trip,

      love Di.
      abcw team

      Delete
  13. Somewhere I definitely need to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never been to Liverpool. This was a lovely look at the city, a great post and thank you for sharing those lovely memories.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for hosting! Lake Lucerne, Switzerland from me this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. "L" is for LINDOS on the island of Rhodes, Greece. A truly lovely locale!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Liverpool has many attractions!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous buildings. Not until reading your post did I make the connection that "Ferry Cross the Mercey" was about this river. That's a lot of years! Sure a lot of great singers came from Liverpool. And, for the longest time, I didn't know Dusty Springfield was from England, for that matte,r Liverpool.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, now I am definitely in Love with Liverpool! thank you for sharing these photos. The song about the Mersey makes great sense to me now. and I have a blogging friend who lives in Wirril.
    I'm praying for Leslie and Lorne. My heart aches for them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks again for all the kind comments and prayers and thoughts for Leslie and Lorne.

    Di
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete