free counters We welcome newcomers!

Remember: if you participate with us, please link to and mention us in your post.

Monday 14 November 2016

S for Satnav..

SATNAV
 by Pam Ayres.


I have a little Satnav it sits there in my car.
A Satnav is a driver's best friend it tells you where you are.
I have a little Satnav, I've had it all my life
I'ts better than the normal ones,

MY 'SATNAV' IS MY WIFE !

It gives me full instructions, especially how to drive
"It'sixty miles" it says  "You're doing sixty five".
It tells me when to stop and start, and when to use the brake
And tells me it's never ever, safe to overtake.
It tells me when a light is red, and when it goes to green





It seems to know instinctively just when to intervene.
It lists the vehicles just in front, and all those to the rear.
And taking all this into account It specifies my gear.
I'm sure no other driver has so helpful a device,
For when we leave and lock the car, it still gives it's advice.
So why don't I exchange it and get a quieter sort ?
Ah well, you see, it cleans the house,
 makes sure I'm properly fed,




It washes all my shirts and things, and keeps me warm in bed!
Despite all these advantages, and my tendency to scoff,
I only wish that now and then, I could turn the b*****r off.




My sincere thanks to the SASSY Denise who devised  Abcw
many moons ago and Roger the SCRUPULOUS admin man
who is ably assisted by ' Le oh si Savant'  Leslie' from Vancouver.
Also the team of helpers who STRIVE each week to visit 
alloted sites and welcome newcomers to ABCW.






***




22 comments:

  1. I think it wisely to just comment with a big smile and wink to you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smiles and winks back at you Melody!

      Best wishes,
      Di.
      ABCW team.

      Delete
  2. This reminds me of Hyacinth Bucket in "Keeping up Appearances". She always corrected her husband when he was driving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ex\ctly Wil,
      She was the first person I thought of when I read this.
      I don't know if you know of Pam Ayres, she's a very funny
      lady and has quite a few books published, she's similar to
      Joyce Grenfell but not quite as posh !
      best wishes,
      Di.
      ABCW team.

      Delete
  3. Such a fun intro to the letter S!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ellen...we all need some fun in our
    lives, nothing like a goodlaugh to move the strain and stress
    of daily living...The things that really stress me are seeing al the homeless people living in
    hellish conditions because they have been bombed out of their homes, in Syria.
    Other than making charitable contributions and prayer I am a loss what to do.
    Thanks for stopping by Ellen, it's always good to hear from you and, of course to read your
    contribution to Abcw,
    Best Wishes,
    Di,
    ABCW team.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Hello Arnoldo,
      so glad you dropped by to read my little ode.
      Pam Ayes is one of my favourite satirical writers,
      she has a very funny radio programme and I've got
      a lot of her books and recitals.
      Whilst I was on holiday, with my girls, many years ago, I met h,er
      she was so gracious and smiled when the eldest daughter
      recited one of her poems, (Daughter used write lovely poetry)
      when she was about 9 years of age.
      Best wishes,
      Di.
      Abcw team.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Amit you are so kind,
      best wishes,
      Di.
      ABCW team.

      Delete
  7. We call it GPS in French ! in German it's called "Navi" !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gattina.
      Don't know why but i thought you lived in the Netherlands?
      we have had so lovely holidays in France, i love the country,
      the people and oh the cuisine.
      Good to hear from you again,
      Best wishes,
      Di.
      ABCW team.

      Delete
  8. LOL, yes...
    My "S" is for SEA and SYMI Island in Greece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Satnav by Spouse indeed!
    I have lots of "Ssss" for you: SUMMER, SEAGULLS, SCULPTURE, STATUE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And s'more Ssss's from me: STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN, SCANDINAVIA...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Nick,
      thanks for stopping by and commenting,
      Best wishes,
      Di,
      ABCW team.

      Delete
  11. What a fun little romp through the joys of a SATNAV!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and your kind comments,
      Best wishes,
      Di,
      ABCW team.

      Delete
  12. This is the first time I have joined in Round 19 and it is already the letter S. Good to be back playing along and visiting other meme entries. Love your Satnav post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindy Lou,
      Welcome back to Abcw, I thought I hadn't seen you around for a while.
      Thanks for your kind comments.
      Best wishes,
      Di.
      ABCW team.

      Delete
  13. hahahaha. Hi, Di! I love the poem. It speaks of me, too. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Susie,
      Glad you like it, I must confess it sounds like me too, (she said hanging her head in shame). I used to love driving but had to give it up because of the drugs I take, prescribed I may add, ha ha! But since I stopped I've become a bad passenger and often think I can see things himself can't... I've not been ejected out of the passenger seat yet though but there's time!
      Hugs,
      Di xx
      ABCW team.

      Delete