free counters We welcome newcomers!

Remember: if you participate with us, please link to and mention us in your post.

Monday 20 October 2014

O is for Oxymora

Yes !! Oxymora is the plural of Oxymoron in case you didn't know(just came to know very recently)

Life for me is a paradox and what more can be more fun than using Oxymora. An oxymoron is a figure of speech in which words that seem contradictory appear together to form a fun combination. Some  of my favorites are Military Intelligence, Original Copies, Exact Estimate, Old News,Living Dead, Deafening Silence and my personal best is Microsoft Works, :D

Here is a link to some really good oxymora......

http://grammar.about.com/od/rhetoricstyle/a/100-Awfully-Good-Examples-Of-Oxymorons.htm


Whats urs?

Another O I like is a bollywood song called Ooh La la la (you dont have to understand the lyrics, just enjoy the music).

Come ON and post ur links and first thing on our Order is to visit yours.......
***

13 comments:

  1. Hi Pheno! Very instructive! I learned something new today.
    Wil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this intro and learning a new word. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And then there are those Jumbo shrimp...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that either! Well done Di x

    ReplyDelete
  5. "O" stands for OUTBACK in Australia! A land of oxymora of ever there was one!
    Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. O = OCEAN, of which we have oodles in Oz!
    Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun post. I checked out that link.. it's a great one. For some reason, one of my favourites was "cheerful pessimist" as I've always had the feeling some people rather enjoy being miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, even though I have to use it all the time, Microsoft Works has to be the best. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  9. First, I didnt know about Oxymora. So thank you there.
    Second, that Oxymoron list you shared is fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How about "Smart Phone?" It's only as smart as the data that has been programmed. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. O for outstanding too :)
    I love Bollywood & how lovely that you have shared a catchy Hindi Movie song :)
    Am sure it's the debut of a Hindi movie-song here on ABC Wednesday, right?!
    O is also for - The other Ooh-la-la more-recent song from the movie 'The Dirty Picture' picturised on Vidya Balan :)

    ReplyDelete