free counters We welcome newcomers!

Remember: if you participate with us, please link to and mention us in your post.

Monday 14 March 2016

J is for Jade

Rebecca Jade is a very eclectic singer working out of San Diego, California. From this interview: "She’s an artist similar to a chameleon, able to change her styles and genre with little effort, and her audience is able to pick up her emotions in a song during her performances."

She appears with several different groups including the dance band Siren's Crush, the trip-hopping The Jade Element and the R&B, soul, blues and funk cover band The Soultones. She also sings jazz with various bands. Here she is singing All This Love with El DeBarge in November 2015.

Reverbnation said: "Growing up in a musical home, she has been exposed to a vast assortment of artists, genres and styles. Her own mother was a professional jazz singer in Puerto Rico. With such influences, it seems a natural progression that Rebecca has followed in her footsteps."

Check out her website,  her videos, and an interview in Huffington Post.

Oh, did I mention that she is my oldest niece, the daughter of my older of my two sisters, Leslie. I've known her since she was about a month old and living in New York City. I've seen her play basketball in college, fortunately when she was in the east coast.

But I have seen her sometimes on the west coast - e.g. high school and college graduation, and her 2005 wedding to her Rico, on my birthday (for reasons having nothing to do with me).

I am very proud of her, as though you could not tell.
***


14 comments:

  1. She's a beauty Roger and of course a great choice for J!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, love her site! On "Cuts Like a Winter," she has a moment on the street in front of a building that is just OH! attitude and all. Very nice voice, good chops, great lyrics, and the feel is wonderful. I love California soul sounds. Thanks. Proud uncle, no? Would love to hear about her mom, since I was working in PR in the 90s. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sweet hommage and for me an introduction of a person i did not know ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have every reason to be proud of this beautiful and talented singer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful woman and a great voice, never heard her before...
    Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though I lived only 1 1/2 hrs. from there, I have never heard of her. But if she is eclectic in her style, I probably would like her:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, thank you for the love, Uncle Roger!! Honored to be your "J"! xo
    And thanks for the kind words, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a beautiful and VERY talented niece, my friend. I love the retro feel of her sound and styling, which reflect the genres of various decades. I'm sure your family is very proud of her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And you are justly proud of her!
    My "J" stands for JAIPUR, India

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great intro! Brava, Jade!
    "J" is for JACARANDA

    ReplyDelete
  11. Her voice and styling reminds of my youth. Love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also have a niece who is a singer, and I am very proud of her. I wanted to say Jade is a precious stone to the Chinese and Maori.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Commented on your site, Rog, but it bears repeating: Jade is wonderful and her site rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had not heard of Rebecca Jade. Now I have. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete