free counters We welcome newcomers!

Remember: if you participate with us, please link to and mention us in your post.

Monday 25 May 2015

Too Many Troys?

I looked back over the last few years and realized that I have written several very similar "T" introductions, revolving around Time. Time seems to always be forefront in my mind, so it creeps into my posts, but I Thought I would write about something completely different This Time. A fun "T" fact. Because my name is Troy, I am perhaps more aware of this fact than most people, but since I work in a city named Troy, I notice it even more. Did anyone, besides me, know that there are Twenty-Three states in the USA that have a city named Troy? It reminds me of a Dr Seuss poem, named Too Many Daves Does anyone beside me ever see their name on a road sign, and get a little Tickled? Today's Theme is T. What T Thing Tickled you Today?
***


15 comments:

  1. Good morning T is for Troy! Last week on a walk I spied several turtles so that is what my post for T is about. I won't be linking up, though, as I cannot visit other entries this week while we are busy at our son's home with projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good afternoon,

    No i've never came across my name in streetsigns ... not even my nickname, although quit logical beeing dutch and having an english nickname ;-)



    The T-thing that tickled me today? The thing i need, my mind needs, tranquility

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post... 23 cities named Troy in the U.S. - I didn't know that.

    Thanks, Troy, for this lovely post and to all the ABCWednesday team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Troy, Actually you are the first Troy I have met. Neither have I seen a city named Troy. So you are very interesting and rare!
    Thanks for the introduction!
    Wil

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an interesting fact about Troys. There's a small bridge in Mexico named after my grandfather, so I've always thought that was cool. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not know that that many states have cities named Troy. I am pretty sure that the city I live in is unique since it's named for a tribe of Munsee Indians. However, the spelling for our town is Muncie. We were mentioned in the movie "Encounters of the Third Kind." They mistakenly moved us to border Ohio. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,I live in Tokyo. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Troy of the Trojan War, Troy Donohue, Troy Weights - lots of different troys, you can wear name proudly :-)
    My "T" is my local TRAIN station!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have come across a Laurie Avenue...never wandered down it though....terrific intro♪ http://lauriekazmierczak.com/trucks/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had no idea there were so many Troys in the USA. I have been to Troyes in France!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought you were going to talk about ancient Troy. I like your story even better, Troy who works in Troy. Dyslexic me wrote Tory twice. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. INTERESTING list. Tickles on many counts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Troy, NY is just a few miles from Albany. The predecessors of the San Francisco Giants played in Troy in the 1880s.

    ReplyDelete
  14. No I never knew there that many Troy's in so many cities in USA, Also, I never met anyone with the name of Troy before that is until now.

    ReplyDelete